We LOVE summertime campfires around here. We love to spend hours in the warm evenings sitting around the fire together… laughing and singing and talking and playing. We love to roast hotdogs over the fire and OF COURSE we love s’mores. But some people don’t have a fire pit in the backyard or don’t have time to build a fire to satisfy that chocolatey-grahamy-marshmallowy craving. These quick and easy s’mores bars are the perfect solution! And they’re a whole lot better than traditional gooey, messy s’mores for bringing to summer potlucks and pool parties.
- 4 TBS butter or coconut oil
- 1 bag regular sized marshmallows
- 2 1/2 sleeves graham crackers (25)
- 1 bag milk chocolate chips
- mini mallow bits, optional for garnish (these are the tiny, sort of crisp/crunchy ones)
- Grease a 9×13 pan
- Crush the graham crackers in a large ziploc bag into bite-sized pieces. Set aside. You might have to crush them in two or three batches and put the pieces in a bowl as you go. You will end up with a little bit of tiny crumbs/dust… that is perfectly okay and will contribute to the wonderful chewy texture of the bars!
- Melt the butter or coconut oil in large sauce pan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted and well-blended.
- Add the crushed grahams and stir until incorporated and coated.
- Using a buttered spatula or waxed paper, press mixture evenly and firmly into greased pan.
- In a glass bowl in the microwave or double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, stirring occasionally until smooth. Spread over the top of the bars. Sprinkle on the mallow bits if using. Chill in refrigerator until set, then cut into bars.
Hope you love these simple summer delights!