Create a beautiful, artsy little chunky SoulBook full of all of the things our heart knows, but sometimes forgets…
Your Soul Book will be something to look at on days that you forget who you are, what you want out of life, and what you are about. This will be a very fun and personal art journal that will be a sort of guidebook for your soul…to use when you are feeling lost…ya know?
All of the words will be provided…and we will just be cutting and pasting (in the literal sense..with scissors and glue) what speaks to us each as individuals…you just need to gather some cut cardboard, some gaffer or cloth tape..and then a whole bunch of this and that to collage onto your pages….Most of all, you will bring yourself so that it is uniquely yours…. XOXO Melody
- This class will take about 6 hours to complete (or more)
- Includes instructional video with melody & downloadable pdf
- Online classroom will be available for 3 months after your registration date.
Only $25 (register here)
Supplies you’ll need:
- Several small photos of yourself and your life printed on regular copy paper (just off of your home printer is great…make them 1” – 3” in size…) *these are ANY photos at any time in your life….anything that tells the story of YOU. We all love our families and friends…but remember this book is about YOU….so make sure you bring more photos of yourself than of your family and friends!
- 9 pieces of thick cardboard cut to 6” x 9”. Not cardstock and not chipboard (cut this with a utility knife from a cardboard box…it needs to be thick cardboard with corrugated cardboard in the middle…at least 1/8” thick)
- A few rolls of fabric tape or gaffer tape (you can get this at 7gypsies.com or you could substitute athletic/bandaging fabric tape (found in the pharmacy section of most drugstores)…you could even use masking tape or duct tape if you can’t find any fabric tape…but it won’t be as easy to paint over)
- A roll of masking tape at least 1” wide
- A bottle of Mod Podge or other collage medium
- A tube of black heavy-body acrylic paint
- A tube of white heavy-body acrylic paint
- 3-5 colors of your favorite craft or artist acrylic paint (tube or bottle…doesn’t matter)
- Several paint brushes in different sizes (you will want a bigger brush to collage with, and 1 or more smaller brushes to paint with)
- A pair of scissors that you can use for paper and fabric A palette knife or two
- A cheap putty knife from the hardware store
- A stash of your favorite scraps & treasures….
HERE ARE SOME THINGS THAT WOULD BE LOVELY TO HAVE:
-some random pretty buttons
-pieces of broken jewelry
-pretty little beads that you adore
-pieces of your favorite fabrics (even pieces of old clothes or blankets)
-bits of lace and pieces of old tablecloths or pillow cases that have been embroidered
-pieces of beautiful paper that you love
-magazine clippings of beautiful things that make you happy to look at
-magazine clippings of words that describe you and make you happy
-pieces of ephemera from your life….wrappers, receipts, tags, notes and cards you have kept, things you have doodled on, quotes you have jotted down, event tickets, things on your dream list…..you get the idea…:)
-anything that is pretty, makes you happy, has texture and that you can glue down….
You’ll also need access to a good computer with high speed internet access in order to watch the instructional videos and print the pdfs.
This is such a fun and meaningful class! We absolutely LOVE our SoulBooks and look at them almost every day.
You will love yours, too!